Sunday, February 19, 2012

We Were Never Friends

We were never friends
you and I

I dont remember you sitting with me when you saw me eating alone
I dont recall you saving me a seat, Perhaps you saw me fine on my own
Not that I mind the fact I'm a friend when you needed a helping hand
Not that I mind although I knew I am never a friend to you

We were never friends
you and I

So why the sudden interest you show?
My series of good times you never cared but I see my foul steps made you glow
I sense no concern, I sense no sympathy. Only your eager question of "what's the story?"
There I saw what you make of me
Just another topic to discuss over tea

We were never frienda
you and I

So cut the act as if you cared
You may be glad to find me flawed
You have the right to laugh and talk
As for me, I'll keep it real
We are never friends - sounds like a deal.

No comments: